Cyrus 2.1.12 Murder: Frontend/Backend on same Host?

Bernd Nies listuser at adnovum.ch
Thu Nov 2 04:59:43 EST 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to run the Cyrus murder frontend and backend on the same
host?

The intention for this construct is: We have two locations in different
countries, connected with VPN. I would like to have one Cyrus
frontend/backend on each location and move the user mailboxes to that
locations where they are working. Some users are moving from one
location to another so I would like to give a transparent view to the
shared folders.

We don't want to use four mailservers for this purpose. One approach is
to use Solaris 10 zones but I wonder if this is possible with one server
and if someone is really using such a construct.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Bernd