Cyrus Patches used at FastMail.FM

Andreas Hasenack ahasenack at terra.com.br
Fri May 26 16:54:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:35:30PM -0300, Carlos Horowicz wrote:

> Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>
> >On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:02:25PM -0300, Carlos Horowicz wrote:
> >

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I get only a daily few of "Message contains invalid header" but a couple
> >>of thousand per day of "Message contains NUL characters" from lmtpd ...
> >>

> >What version of cyrus? There was a bug that caused the NUL error with long
> >lines. This has already been fixed in later versions.
> >

> all of my servers complain : there are several 2.3.3 and several 2.2.12 ...

Then it's probably for real: there are NUL characters in the messages. There
is a postfix patch floating around that can get rid of these, and I think it's
integrated in postfix's snapshot. Here is a version for 2.2.x:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/postfix/patch_reject_strip-postfix-2.2.4.diff