Outlook does not delete but displays deleted messages asstrike-trough

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon May 22 11:43:15 EDT 2006

> hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.05.2006, 14:34 +0200 schrieb H. Wilmer:
>
>> > There is an option (I believe under Edit) to 'Purge deleted messages'
>> > which permanently deletes messages marked as to be deleted - is this
>> > what you were after?
>
> however, thunderbird is not an option, cause of missing calendar, todo
> list and other several things. Also the contact manger from TB is
> terrible.
>
> The other point is, the customer bought outlook so, they want use them.
> But my main problem isn't solved. Cyrus need an option to purge mails.

Hm, no. Cyrus is an IMAP server and it is best used with an IMAP client. I
don't think there is something missing in Cyrus, but of course there is
much missing in Outlook to make it a real IMAP client.

> From 100 Users, 95 don't purge the old mails via edit "Purge
> deleted" :-(

Isn't the default policy to move to trash in Outlook? I think that way you
can handle it without having the people to purge messages by hand.

Simon