2.2 murder backend authentication problems

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Thu May 18 13:59:37 EDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 17:57 schrieb Andrew Morgan:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006, Brenden Conte wrote:
> > I've been wrestling with a new cyrus murder setup.  At this point, edits
> > made to a backend server are properly propigated through the master and
> > frontends.
> > Now, i'm trying to test administration through the frontend servers.  For
> > example, when i connect to a frontend server and issue a `CREATE
> > user.testuser imap-backend` the frontend logs show the following:
> In my testing, I had to create mailboxes on the backend.  Maybe someone
> else can confirm this, but I don't think you can create mailboxes from a
> frontend.

I'm experiencing something very similar using 2.3.3. When I try to create a
mailbox from the frontend it starts to connect to the backend but the
connection fails with a "no worthy mechs" error on the frontend.
So it seems it is indeed possible create may be issued from one of the
frontends (however I tried a unified setup).

If you find anything new, please post it. I'd be very interested in resolving
this too.

Regards,
Michael