Outlook does not delete but displays deleted messages asstrike-trough

James Yale jim at thebiggame.org
Wed May 17 15:18:34 EDT 2006

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 09:35, James Yale wrote:
>
>> There is an option (I believe under Edit) to 'Purge deleted messages'
>> which permanently deletes messages marked as to be deleted - is this
>> what you were after?
>>

> Is this considered to be good UI design by anyone? Or, is IMAP support just
> crippled in Outlook? BTW, the Mac version of Outlook (Entourage or whatever
> its called) also seems to have this behavior also.
>
> wt

IMAP support (in my experience) is pretty bad in Outlook - it still has
to have PST files on the local machine to house it's special directories
and is VERY slow in comparison to more... open alternatives (Mozilla
Thunderbird for me).

I think this is partly because it insists on downloading attachments
before displaying a message, but mostly because (inexplicably) it
operates really slowly over the network (~100kb/s over 100Mb switched).