no global admin with virtual domains? [was Re: saslpasswd and virtual domains]

former03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Wed May 17 07:25:40 EDT 2006

Hi Rudy,

On 17.05.2006, at 10:29, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> former03 | Baltasar Cevc wrote:
>> Hi Rudy,
>> On 16.05.2006, at 11:39, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
>>> But as you can see the cyrus at jura user doesn't list any mailboxes or
>>> create any mailboxes.
>>>
>>> Does anybody have any clues?
>> I just had a look at my config - I've set servername and
>> defaultdomain to the same value ('jura') - maybe you can try if that
>> helps. Another thing you could try would be to use the fqdn instead
>> of the short hostname - maybe Cyrus does a reverse lookup on the IP
>> (there are some functions that will do that).
>

> I can't change servername to jura because our users will connect to
> 'mail.ugent.be' and 'mail.ugent.be' is a round robin DNS to our imap
> proxy servers (e.g. jura.ugent.be, ...).
> And these proxy server will forward requests to the correct imap
> backend (e.g. mail1.ugent.be, mail2.ugent.be, ...)
What I wanted to suggest is to replace the "servername" value in
imapd.conf (with the 'side effect' of having that name shown when
connecting to that server).

Or would it be possible to change the default domain in your setup to
the same value as servername.

If I rembember correctly, the only setup where I got the admin thing
really working was when I had both variables set to the same value;
however, I'm quite sure it's a knowledge problem and there is some
nicer solution (anybody out on the list who could give a hint?).

Baltasar

_____ former 03 gmbh
_____ infanteriestraße 19 haus 6 eg
_____ 80797 muenchen