Loosing folder permissions

Torsten Irländer torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
Mon May 8 06:39:12 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have a problem with granted folder permissions on folders i.e for sharing my
mails with other users. I have a quite large installation with several
hundred users here and some of them are complaining about that permissions
they already have given to some useres are lost after a crash of the server
(power failure).

So I have two questions.
1. Did anyone of you experienced the same?
2. Where are those permissions stored on the server? On my investigations I
found out that permission are stored in two files. in cyrus.header and in
mailbox.db. Can you give me some more detailed information in how those two
files are relateted to each other and how permissions are stored in
detail[0].

best regards,
Torsten

[0] Or simply point me to the right doc :)
--
Torsten Irländer                                    Intevation GmbH

torsten.irlaender at intevation.de
http://www.intevation.de/