Moving 2 into 1 on a new machine

Michael Johnson kaiser at emjay.net
Sun May 7 01:00:16 EDT 2006

Hi all

I have a machine I'm replacing.  It was a little short on disk space
and I had the cyrus mailboxes on 2 disks.  Now that I'm moving to a
new machine with more space, I need to know what sort of problems
I'll be running into when I try to combine the two into one.

I was planning on shutting the SMTP and Cyrus IMAP server down, using
rsync to get the files over to the new machine, change over the IPs,
and then reactivate them.

This is a little simplified, but what am I missing?  There's a
secondary MX to spool the mail during the downtime.  The users will
be synchronized, but the ones needed for Cyrus are already there.

-Michael