sendmail delivery to shared folder problem

Shawn O'Connor soconnor at falconknight.com
Sat May 6 19:55:37 EDT 2006

Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> Shawn O'Connor wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Hi Andrzej,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.  Below is the output of the debug commands.
>> Hopefully, the output makes more sense to you :).
>>
>> mail# echo '$=w' | sendmail -nt
>> No recipient addresses found in header
>>
>> Strange, because the domain in question is in local host names.
>>

> Sorry, it was *my* typing mistake:
> echo '$=w' | sendmail -bt

Okay, this does show the domain listed.
> Repeat the last test as root with -Am option added.
> It should provide exact transcript of LMTP session between sendmail and
> cyrus. I think sendmail behaves "as configured" but the test will
> provide "the final proof":
>
> ( echo "subject: test"; echo)| sendmail -v -Am -oi

mail# ( echo "subject: test"; echo)| sendmail -v -Am -oi
bb+consulting/ownit at somedomain.biz
bb+consulting/ownit at somedomain.biz... Connecting to
/var/imap/socket/lmtp via cyrusv2...
220 mail.somedomain.biz LMTP Cyrus v2.2.13 ready
 >>> LHLO mail.somedomain.biz
250-mail.somedomain.biz
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-AUTH EXTERNAL
250 IGNOREQUOTA
AUTH=soconnor at mail.somedomain.biz
250 2.1.0 ok
 >>> RCPT To:<+consulting/ownit>
 >>> DATA
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
550 5.1.1 User unknown
503 5.5.1 No recipients
 >>> RSET
250 2.0.0 ok
 >>> RSET
250 2.0.0 ok
soconnor... Using cached LMTP connection to localhost via cyrusv2...
 >>> MAIL From:<> SIZE=1039
250 2.1.0 ok
 >>> RCPT To:<soconnor>
 >>> DATA
250 2.1.5 ok
354 go ahead
 >>> .
250 2.1.5 Ok
soconnor... Sent
Closing connection to localhost
 >>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 bye

So, it's interesting, it says rcpt to: +consulting/ownit, should this
say something else, like bb+consulting/ownit or just consulting/ownit?
I know when I use the deliver program to just consulting/ownit it is
delivered fine.

Thank you again for your help, I think we're getting closer!

    -Shawn