Bitten by Berkeley

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 27 12:56:57 EST 2006

-- Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on 27. März
2006 09:48:37 -0800 regarding Re: Bitten by Berkeley:

>> just an anecdote:
>>
>> Today we had to relocate our Cyrus 2.2.12 server to the other node in
>> the  failover domain for maintenance purposes. It was shut down cleanly
>> and then  restarted on the other node. The startup began with lots of
>> messages like  this one:
>
> <snip>
>
> Were you using Berkeley DB 4.3 or newer?  Cyrus v2.2.12 and older will
> not work with Berkeley DB 4.3+ without a patch.

I know. We were using Red Hat's stock db4 RPM: db4-4.1.25-8.1. As I
mentioned it's been working OK for more than a year, but having read all
the other reports of people experiencing problems like the one I described
I guess it's just a matter of time until something breaks ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK