Unable to create mailboxes with domain name

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 14:33:59 EST 2006

Okay, after realizing that I probably should have read the Cyrus
specifications for virtual domains BEFORE trying to configure them, I
have realized that I have to run cyrus 2.2 to use virtual domains.
Not a problem, I shall upgrade.  A question to FreeBSD cyrus users,
though: from what I read, the database system changed from 2.1.x to
2.2, and the recommended workaround is to convert to the new format.
I tried this, following the instructions, and it sort of, well,
destroyed everything.  It's a good thing I back up before doing
anything, huh?  So I am going to try the secondary solution, using the
--with-mboxlist-db=berkeley and --with-seen-db=flat options in the
configuration.  Will it be enough to simply specify them in the
Makefile for the port to pick this up?  Or am I going to have to do
more?

Thanks.