Unable to create mailboxes with domain name

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 11:56:40 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am attempting to reconfigure Cyrus to work with multiple domains.  I
have followed the instructions at

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html

For doing this. Everything seemed to go well; however, if I try to
create a mailbox with a full domain name (as specified in the
instructions), I get the following:

localhost.mchgroup.org> cm user.test at wellchildcare.org
createmailbox: Permission denied

Creating mailboxes without the full domain (the default domain)
continues to work fine without any problems.

I am not 100% sure that this is even a problem with Cyrus.  Can anyone
offer any suggestions?

Oh, and here is all the relevant systems information.

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.1.18 2005/02/14 06:45:19
os         : FreeBSD
os-version : 6.0-RELEASE
environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.15
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11