Mixing 2.2.12 and 2.3.x in murder environment

Mark xa87n at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 12:39:10 EST 2006

Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org> wrote: Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a (conservative) upgrade path from 2.2.12 to 2.3.3, and
> was wondering if anyone ran cyrus murder with mixed imapd versions. For
> example, 2.2.12 back ends, 2.3.3 mupdate server (it is 2.2.12 now) and
> 2.2.12 front ends. Or, if anyone did the upgrades from 2.2.x to 2.3.x in
> another way, would you mind sharing your thoughts.
> Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd wait till 2.3.4 is out.  There's bug with mupdate which more or less
renders it useless (well, at least it was in my configuration).  It was
fixed after 2.3.3 was released.  The fix should be in CVS, and I guess
2.3.4 will have usable mupdate.  There's couple of other usefull fixes
and enhancements currently in CVS, and my guess is that they will be
included in 2.3.4 (like added TLS support in mupdate client code).
Thanks, I will wait for 2.3.4, or use CVS.

Mark