2.3.3 replication

Marco Schirrmeister marco at schirrmeister.net
Sun Mar 19 19:43:06 EST 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Roland Pope wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marco Schirrmeister"
> <marco at schirrmeister.net>
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:52 PM, Patrick Radtke wrote:
>>
>>> What happens if you use '-r' instead of '-u'
>>
>> It happens the same.
>> I have tried all options. Every time the same error.
>>

>>> I thought -u needed a list of users to follow it.
>>>

>>> -Patrick

> I had this same problem and it was caused by /etc/hosts having
> 127.0.0.1 point to my host name.
> Whan I changed /etc/hosts to put my hosts actual IP against the
> hostname, it all started working as expected.

Great, thats it. Now here it works too.
On the slave I had already removed the hostname from the 127.0.0.1
address.
After I removed the hostname from the 127.0.0.1 address on the master
the sync process works fine.

with this line it works
127.0.0.1                localhost.localdomain localhost

with this line I had the error above.
127.0.0.1                centos4-vm1 localhost.localdomain localhost

cheers
Marco