Mixing 2.2.12 and 2.3.x in murder environment

Patrick H Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 19 11:09:03 EST 2006

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Mark wrote:

> Thanks Patrick. The reason we want to speed up the upgrades is because of the 2.2.12 threading problems - high cpu, locked up mupdate. Ideally we would upgrade mupdate to 2.3.x and then upgrade the front ends and back ends a little later. Do you think 2.3 mupdate would work well with 2.2.12 backends?

2.2.12 backends should work with a 2.3 murder master. I don't think there
have been changes to the mupdate protocol.

> What mupdate problems are you seeing with 2.3?

Pretty much what Alek said, but on a less frequent basis. We'd see it when
there were too many simultanious mailbox creations and/or a frontend was
restarted when the murder master was under load.