Cyrus murder front end authentication help

squirrelmail at geshu.com squirrelmail at geshu.com
Fri Mar 17 14:50:40 EST 2006

Hi everyone, I am trying to migrate to a cyrus murder setup and I currently
have the mupdate master configured and accepting connections as well as the
backend server configured.  I installed
Mysql/sasl/Cyrus-imapd/DB4/openssl/postfix following the instructions on
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/install.html#BERKEL
EY-DB.

I connected SM 1.4.5 directly to the backend to ensure I could touch the
users account and indeed everything works just fine.  I can create folders,
delete folders, etc directly to the back end.

But when I connect SM to the frontend I get logged in but it does not
display any folders.  When I move around the site I get
ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Server(s) unavailable to complete operation

I logged into the master machine and looked at the auth.log/imapd.log and I
see the frontend and backend connecting and updating correctly.  I then
logged into the backend auth.log and imap.log and I do not see the frontend
making any type of connection when I have the frontend hooked to SM.  When I
have the backend hooked to SM I see authentications go through.    My
feeling is that either the frontend is trying to look locally for the
mailbox using the local mysql database for authentication (and the result is
being lgged in but no folders displaying) or it is not finding the backend
server to pass through the info and in turn is using the local mysql
database to authenticate the user adn displying what info there is for the
user which is none hence no folders.  I listed my imapd.conf files for the
frontend and backend below for anyone who has experience with murder setups
and would be kind enough to give me some assitance.

Thanks in advance for your help

Scott

***************** back end imap.conf ************************

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/imap/mail

admins: cyrus
proxyservers: cyrus

autocreateinboxfolders: Junk|Trash|Sent|Drafts
autosubscribeinboxfolders: Junk|Trash|Sent|Drafts

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

sasl_sql_engien: mysql
Sasl_sql_user: cyrus
sasl_sql_passwd: *******
sasl_sql_database: mail
sasl_sql_select: SELECT %p FROM accountuser WHERE username='%u' and
realm='%r'

allowanonymouslogin: 0
plaintextloginpause: 0
allowplaintext: 1