Trouble Upgrading

Stephen Conway sconway at wlnet.com
Wed Mar 15 14:02:44 EST 2006

Hello:

I am using Red Hat 8 server and I am trying to upgrade Cyrus Imap from
version cyrus-imapd-2.1.12 to cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 , and as part of the
requirement also upgraded my sasl lib to cyrus-sasl-2.1.21.  I converted my
db files to skiplist and sieve scripts, etc.  All works fine after starting.
Authentication of POP3 seems to be working fine, but for IMAP it is not
authticating.  I think it might have something to do with the SASL
installation, is it using the old libraries or something?  The error that I
get returned from the IMAP server is :  Login failed: can't request info
until later in exchange.  If I return to previous SASL and Imap versions,
they run fine.

Please give me some direction, as it is really frustrating me.  If anyone
requires logs, etc please let me know.

Regards,

Stephen Conway

--