Imap login as user using imap administrator credentials?

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 14 09:57:44 EST 2006

I don't think most mail clients support proxy authentication like
imtest  (imtest -a cyrus -u username -t "" -m PLAIN host).

The one exception is pine (I've only tested this with GSSAPI)

To log in as a user

1. be root
2. su username
3. kinit cyrus    (or your admin name)
4. pine

Pine will use the cyrus ticket to authenticate to pine but the
authorization will be for whatever user you ran pine as.

There may be other ways to do this with pine.

You also might have to stick in some 'kdestroy' to deal with some
permission issues when trying to get the cyrus ticket.

-Patrick