Cyradm Stops Working after upgrade

Stephen Conway sconway at wlnet.com
Mon Mar 13 16:38:31 EST 2006

Hello:

Actually further to this, POP logins are working, but IMAP are not.  I think
this is why Cyradm can't login.  Any idea why?  Here is my imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: dima cyrus
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
unixhierarchysep: 1
quotawarn: 10
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: yes
defaultacl: cyrus c

Here is cyrus.conf:
START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify" proto="udp"
prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

Thanks,

Stephen Conway