mupdate with starttls?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Mar 10 15:44:46 EST 2006

When I do "telnet mupdate-host 3905", I see that mupdate lists STARTTLS
capability.  However, when frontends and backends are connecting to it,
they just go plaintext.  Same thing with lmtp.  It lists STARTLS
capability, however when mail is delivered from frontend to backend
over lmtp it just goes plaintext.  On the other hand, proxied client
IMAP connections are encrypted.  Is there a way to force Cyrus IMAPD to
use TLS for all communication between frontends and backends?

All frontends and backends have certificates signed by CA and
referenced from imapd.conf file:

tls_cert_file: /etc/certs/hostname-imap.crt
tls_key_file: /etc/certs/hostname-imap.key
tls_ca_file: /etc/certs/cacert.pem

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/