How to suppress "Couldn't find mech CRAM-MD5" message

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 10 13:11:04 EST 2006

Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
> Running Cyrus IMAP 2.3.1 on Solaris 9.
>
> Is there any way to suppress the following messages which have been
> showing up in the syslog and authlog?
>
> Mar 10 10:32:23 email imaps[3908]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] Couldn't find
> mech CRAM-MD5
>
> We don't support CRAM-MD5, but we don't want to be warned every time
> somebody tries to use it.  Cyrus SASL was compiled without CRAM-MD5
> support.  Here is some other configuration information:

Which client is trying to use CRAM-MD5 even though its not advertised?

You can either complain to the client vendor, see if you can configure
it to not unilaterally try CRAM, change syslog.conf to not log
auth.notice messages, or tweak the SASL source to not log this stuff.

If it were me, I'd scream at the client author and see if I can tweak
the client config in the mean time.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer