ldap auxprop plugin on centos4/rhel4?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Mar 9 10:21:43 EST 2006

Quoting Igor Brezac <igor at ipass.net>:

> You must not have the latest version of cyrus sasl.

Well, I have Cyrus SASL 2.1.19-5.EL4 RPM (RHEL4/CentOS4).  Is it recent
enough or I need to go more cutting edge than that?  If not recent
enough, would updating with 2.1.20-5 from Fedora Core 4 or 2.1.21-10
from Fedora rawhide be good enough?

BTW, I compiled and installed the module from openldap contrib
directory.  However, it seems to simply connect and then disconnect
from my LDAP server, without attempting to do anything (both slapd.log
and tcpdump simply show it connecting and issuing unbind right away).
I've attempted using hole bunch of options, with anonymous bind and
also using username.  To no avail.  Basically something like this:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
sasl_ldapdb_uri: ldap://ldap.foobar.com/
sasl_ldap_base: ou=people,dc=foobar,dc=com
sasl_ldap_filter: (uid=%u)
sasl_ldap_sasl: 0
sasl_ldap_tls_check_peer: 0
sasl_ldap_version: 3
# Try with and without sasl_ldapdb_mech
#sasl_ldapdb_mech: PLAIN LOGIN
# Try with and withoug bind_dn and password options
sasl_ldap_bind_dn: uid=foobar,ou=people,dc=foobar,dc=com
sasl_ldap_password: <some password>

Am I missing something way too obvious here?

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/