How to activate sieve script for users?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Mar 8 19:50:38 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Kai Wang wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> We are migrating from uw-imap to cyrus. I have converted our users'
> procmailrc files to sieve scripts. I have root access and know the user
> cyrus' password. But I don't know users' password. Can anybody tell me how to
> activate for them?

I have a perl script for deactivating users' sieve scripts which you could
modify to handle activation.  I've written a bunch of automated stuff for
managing sieve scripts, but it is all bundled in our user self-service web
pages so I can't really distribute it (nor would it be very useful in that
form).  You can use this code as a base for simple sieve script processes.

   http://oregonstate.edu/~morgan/cyrus/public/deactivate_user_sieve.pl

also

   http://oregonstate.edu/~morgan/cyrus/public/list_user_sieve.pl

The perl module documentation for this stuff is pretty sparse (that's
being kind), but you can figure out how it works by looking at the
sieveshell program (which is just a perl script).

Feel free to ask me questions too.

 	Andy