quota script

Nikola Milutinovic alokin1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 03:37:51 EST 2006

--- Mitja Sladovic <mitja at rageofdivine.net> wrote:

> Yes, mail users are shell users too.
> But question is, how to migrate MD5 hash passwords from /etc/shadow to
> mysql, if I wish to use web-cyradm and sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop ?

That is the trouble and there is no help about it. Once you go MD5, there is no
turning back, since MD5 is a one-way (street) encryption.

I suppose that is why most people use external DBs, so they can move around
easily. Of course, that places the primary security of your server (password)
into your own hands.

Nix.