2.3.3 replication

Marco Schirrmeister marco at schirrmeister.net
Thu Mar 2 16:39:25 EST 2006

Hello,

I try to setup replication according the docs. But it is not working
at the moment.

If I try the following command as cyrus user "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/
sync_client -S centos4-vm2 -u" I get the following error messages.
Can not connect to server 'centos4-vm2'

syslog shows the following
sync_client[25660]: connect(centos4-vm2) failed: Invalid argument

Here is some of my imapd.conf from the master.
The imapd.conf on the replica is the same, but without the sync_
options.

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
sync_host: 10.11.1.166
sync_authname: cyrus
sync_password: imap
sync_machineid: 1
sync_log: 1
allowplaintext: yes
allowapop: yes
sasl_minimum_layer: 0
sasl_maximum_layer: 512
sasl_auto_transition: yes
sasl_saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb2
tls_cipher_list: TLSv1:SSLv3:!NULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!LOW:@STRENGTH

I can successful login to the replica with the following command.
imtest -u cyrus -a cyrus -t "" -m PLAIN centos4-vm2

Any hints?

cheers
Marco