Cyrus-IMAP, Default Domain, and SASL

Eric Renfro erenfro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:13:37 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my Cyrus-IMAPD, version 2.2.12, with Cyrus-SASL 2.1.19, to
use the sql auxprop. The problem I am having is, how do I get Cyrus-IMAPD to
set the default realm for SASL authentication, rather than using the default
gathered hostname of the system?

I've got all my users in the local domain, as the defaultdomain setting in
imapd.conf, but since I started migrating to use mysql as the authentication
backend, using the auxprop sql plugin, cyrus-imapd won't authenticate users
of the default domain unless I manually run 'hostname defaultdomain' prior to
running cyrus-imapd.

--
Eric Renfro
===