Virtual emails at login

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Wed Jun 28 09:22:42 EDT 2006

Hello,

I known several ISPs that are generating virtual emails when I'm logging
in into my email account.

Example:

web.de (a German freemail service) allows freemail users to login
through pop3 only once in 5 minutes (while you can login as often as you
want through the webmail interface). If I'm logging in more often, I get
a message that appears as a usual email, informing me that I can only
login once in 5 minutes and that I have exceeded this limit. No matter
if I'm deleting it or if I don't: If I'm logging in after 5 minutes it
has disappeared.

Other example:

I want to inform my users of new spam mails with an email listing all
the subjects of the spam detected mails. I don't want to generate this
email once a day, because if the user doesn't login everey day, he gets
several of these emails at once. I want to generate it just in time once
the user logins in.

I wonder how this could be done with Cyrus? Does a suitable solution
already exist?

Regards
Marten