what is the best way to migrate

Timo Schoeler timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Thu Jun 22 06:07:00 EDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:40:46 +0200
Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr> wrote:

> Well
>
> we re planning to change our old cyrus imap server to a brand new one
> and we re wondering what would be the best way to do that.
>
> our old server is based on a cyrus 2.2.10 and we will migrate to a 2.3.6
> version.
>
> we have to copy the mailboxes from an old disks to new ones with a
> different partition layout
>
> we move from 26 partiton to 4 partitions.
>
> we would love to keep the state of messages in our users folders and to
> minimize the downtine.
>
> what is the best way to migrate?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/

helped me several times. it's an awesome tool imho ;)

HTH,

Timo Schoeler | http://riscworks.net/~tis | timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
RISCworks -- Perfection is a powerful message
ISP | POWER & PowerPC afficinados | Networking, Security, BSD services
GPG Key fingerprint = B5F6 68A4 EC45 C309 6770  38C4 50E8 2740 9E0C F20A

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.