Spam control

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 20 08:30:02 EDT 2006

Martin Schiøtz wrote:
> I understand the steps but I'm not sure about how to use spamc/spamd
> for training/learning and not sa-learn. Are you thinking about
> 'bayes_auto_learn = 1' ?
> Could you give me an example of the command?

In my perl script I use:

    cat $msg | /usr/bin/spamc -u $userid -x -L $type

In the command above, $userid is the username stored by SA in the
bayes_vars SQL table and $type is either 'spam', 'ham', or 'forget'. See
man spamc(1) for details. You can test this on the command line and tail
/var/log/*mail*log to see spamd at work.

A copy of the script I wrote is at http://files.bluecamel.imap.cc/. It
may not work at all for your setup but it may be a good starting point
for you.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin