defeated about Murder.....

phr2101 at columbia.edu phr2101 at columbia.edu
Sun Jun 18 09:18:31 EDT 2006

You have lmtpproxyd set up to query the murder master server for
each message that comes in.

You're options are to
1. Have lmtpproxyd query the local server for each incoming message.
This decreases load on the murder master. You do this by creating a
config file for lmtpproxyd and setting murder master to the
localhost. Then you just need to get the auth setup.

2. By pass the frontends, and have postfix deliver directly to the
backends

We did 1 for awhile, but would still have occasional (but a lot
fewer) problems (this is ~ 40K/hr of messages). We then switched to
2 (but using sendmail). We have the user/backend information in our
id system and just create a sendmail alias file for this.  This has
worked for months without problems.

-Patrick