cyrdeliver, exim on sarge - deliver spam to a special folder

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at xl.wp.pl
Wed Jun 14 16:35:53 EDT 2006

"Mihály Litzler" <mlitzler at gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry If i post a wrong list..., i cannot really determine whether it's an Exim
> or Cyrus problem.
>
> I would like to deliver spam mails into a different folder instead of INBOX by
> default to all of my users. Simply do a sorting on the header Spam-Flag...
>
> I did Google, rtfm, etc. I did my best, however I couldn't solve this:
> [...]

Make exim router rewrite recipient of "classified as spam" from "user" to
"user+spambox" (where "spambox" is name of the special folder) and
deliver the messsages via standard LMTP transport.

It will make cyrus put "classified as spam" in spambox foldef *IF*
spambox subfolder has been created in the INBOX AND there are right
permissions on spambox folder for direct LMTP deliovery

Rewrite of the recipient addresses is an exim problem.
Setting permissions is a cyrus problem.

IMHO much better alternative would be to use sieve scrit for sorting
incoming mail [cyrus does support sieve] with sample sieve script and
sieve script installation procedure for your users.

--
[pl2en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at priv.onet.pl : anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/            http://www.linkedin.com/in/andfil