cyrdeliver, exim on sarge - deliver spam to a special folder

Mihály Litzler mlitzler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 03:23:12 EDT 2006

Hi!

Sorry If i post a wrong list..., i cannot really determine whether it's an
Exim or Cyrus problem.

I would like to deliver spam mails into a different folder instead of INBOX
by default to all of my users. Simply do a sorting on the header
Spam-Flag...

I did Google, rtfm, etc. I did my best, however I couldn't solve this:

Exim routers:

cyrus_vdom_spam:
    debug_print = "R: cyrus vdom spam for $local_part@$domain"
    driver = accept
    domains = +cyrus_domains
    transport = cyrus_spam
    condition = ${if match {$message_headers:}{X-Spam-Flag: YES} }

cyrus_vdom:
    driver = accept
    domains = +cyrus_domains
    transport = cyrus_inbox
    no_more

Exim transport:

cyrus_inbox:
    driver =lmtp
    user = cyrus
    socket = /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

cyrus_spam:
    driver = lmtp
    command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -l"
    user = cyrus

1.
If I use cyrdeliver -l in cyrus_spam that way, the -m Spam flag make no
sense.

2.
If I use something like this:

cyrus_spam:
    driver = pipe
    command = "/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -m ${local_part}.Spam -- ${local_part}"
    user = cyrus

I got a "message contains invalid header" error.

3.
I also tried to do some global sieve filter, but as I know it's unsupported.

Versions:

ox:/var/log/exim4# dpkg -l | grep exim
ii  exim4          4.50-8sarge2   metapackage to ease exim MTA (v4)
installati
ii  exim4-base     4.50-8sarge2   support files for all exim MTA (v4)
packages
ii  exim4-config   4.50-8sarge2   configuration for the exim MTA (v4)
ii  exim4-daemon-h 4.50-8sarge2   exim MTA (v4) daemon with extended
features,

ox:/var/log/exim4# dpkg -l | grep cyrus
ii  cyrus21-admin  2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (administration tool)
ii  cyrus21-client 2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (test clients)
ii  cyrus21-common 2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (common files)
ii  cyrus21-imapd  2.1.18-1+sarge Cyrus mail system (IMAP support)
ii  libcyrus-imap- 2.1.18-1+sarge Interface to Cyrus imap client imclient
libr

Actually, there are only virtual users exists, everything comes from LDAP.

Would you so kind to write a working exim, imapd etc. config for this.
However everything is alright.., exim delivers mail, I can use Cyrus in a
Thunderbird correctly, just this problem with delivering to especially the
'Spam' folder ...

Thanks in advance!
Mihaly