Win Thunderbird doesn't use SQUAT index

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Tue Jun 13 17:18:30 EDT 2006

Ole Hoppe wrote:
> after setting up Cyrus 2.2.12/Postfix 2.2.5/Fetchmail 6.2.5.2 on a SUSE
> Linux 10.0 box, and activating squatter to create full-text search index
> in cyrus.conf, index has been created and one can search now about 2GB
> of mail within seconds - fantastic!
>
> Unfortunately this only works with Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 from Linux
> client, trying the same from Windows XP SP2 client (also TB 1.5.0.4)
> search takes ages and SQUAT index is obviously not used.
>
> Any hint for making Win TB use SQUAT index would be greatly appreciated!

I have been using Win TB since before 1.5 all the way up to and
including 1.5.0.4 and it has always completed near instantaneous
searches, which I presume to mean is using the Squat Index.  I have the
Squat Index built every night for me with this in the events section of
cyrus.conf   squatter cmd="squatter -s -r user" at=0100