Looking for a *good* X based GUI IMAP client for Cyrus IMAP ...

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Jun 12 18:11:43 EDT 2006

--On June 12, 2006 11:39:23 AM -0700 Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> --- Warren Turkal <wt at atmos.colostate.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 10 June 2006 15:49, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> > The least sucky email client I have tried so far is KMail.
>>
>> I have to concur. I use Kmail via Kontact almost exclusively.
>
> Any comment on Mozilla Thuderbird?

Junk.  Same as Outlook and many others, it's not an IMAP client at all.
Just a NNTP/POP3 reader that can parrot IMAP.  IE it has to download ALL
headers in a mailbox...which is fine if you've only got a few hundred, but
try dealing with this on a larger scale, or on a modem.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler