What does 'reconstruct' via IMAP actually do?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 7 16:54:00 EDT 2006

I've been experimenting with sending RECONSTRUCT via IMAP for both a
GUI app for OS X that I've written and with cyradm, and I'm not quite
sure what it actually does, if anything.

None of the cyrus.* files seem to get rebuilt when issuing this
command, unlike running the binary "reconstruct" as the cyrus user.

Is this a bug in my version or configuration perhaps?

Cyrus imapd 2.2.10 as supplied by Apple in Mac OS X Server 10.3.9

/etc/imapd.conf

admins: cyrus myadminuser1 myadminuser2
postuser: postuser
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /path/to/spool/mail
unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes
servername: my.server.name
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
#log_rolling_days: 7
#log_rolling_days_enabled: true
pop_auth_gssapi: yes
imap_auth_gssapi: yes
enable_pop: no
tls_cert_file: /var/imap/server.pem
tls_ca_file: /var/imap/server.pem
tls_server_options: use
tls_key_file: /var/imap/server.pem
quotawarn: 80
mboxlist_db: berkeley
seenstate_db: flat
imap_auth_cram_md5: yes
annotations_db: skiplist

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.