rsync /var/local/imap

Michael Johnson kaiser at emjay.net
Wed Jun 7 15:28:07 EDT 2006

Hi all

I'm looking for your experiences with combining two cyrus directories.

Currently I have /var/local/imap and /var/local/imap2 on my machine
because of some legacy stuff from an old machine and limited disk
space.  I'd like to combine the two directories into the /var/local/
imap one.  I was hoping to rsync imap and imap2 together as /var/
local/imap and get rid of imap2 if I could.

My plan so far:

1.  Stop the IMAP server.  (/etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd stop)
2.  Run rsync /var/local/imap2 /var/local/imap
3.  Check to see it worked.
4.  rm -rf /var/local/imap2
5.  Start the IMAP server.  (/etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd start)

Should this work as I want?  Is there a better way to do this?

-Michael