Question about LSUB *% behavior in Cyrus v2.2.13 Murder...

Matt Elson melson at wesleyan.edu
Mon Jun 5 12:22:00 EDT 2006

Hi (hope this is the right place),

Apologies in advance if this is easily answered; I'm setting up a Cyrus
Murder configuration for work, and am admittedly new to such things, so
my problem may be pure idiocy on my part.

Basically, I'm having a problem with LSUB *% reporting on the front
proxy layers when altnamespace is enabled.  In short, the query doesn't
grab the prefix for users and shared folders ("Other Users" and "Shared
Folders") which squirrelmail (why I'm even looking into this) uses to
build a list of mailboxes (and appropriate hierarchy); the end result is
mostly a cosmetic problem as near as I can tell, but people seem to be
tied to such thing so it is unfortunately something I have to look into.
    Making the same query directly on the backend machines directly
results in the answer squirrelmail is expecting.

In any case, I was wondering if this is expected behavior or a
configuration error on my part, or even if anyone else has run into this
and can lend a hand.

Again, apologies if my answer is located somewhere, I tried to find
information but just haven't had much luck.

Details below, more available upon request:

Non-authentication related configs are:

(frontends)
unix_group_enable:              true
altnamespace:                   true
allowusermoves:                 true
allowallsubscribe:              true

(backends)
altnamespace:                   true
unix_group_enable:              true
hashimapspool:                  true
allowusermoves:                 true
fulldirhash:                    true
allowallsubscribe:              true

The query/response:

* OK frontend1 Cyrus IMAP4 Murder v2.2.13 server ready
a OK User logged in
a LSUB "" *%
* LSUB () "." "Drafts"
* LSUB () "." "Sent"
* LSUB () "." "Spam"
* LSUB () "." "Trash"
* LSUB (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "testfolder"
* LSUB () "." "testfolder.testnest"
* LSUB () "." "Shared Folders.shared_test"
a OK Completed

* OK backend2 Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13 server ready
a OK User logged in
a LSUB "" *%
* LSUB () "." "Drafts"
* LSUB () "." "Sent"
* LSUB () "." "Spam"
* LSUB () "." "Trash"
* LSUB (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "testfolder"
* LSUB () "." "testfolder.testnest"
* LSUB (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "Shared Folders"
* LSUB () "." "Shared Folders.shared_test"