strange delays in connecting to POP3 server

Igor Belikov belikoviv at is.ua
Thu Jun 1 03:29:18 EDT 2006

Hello Daniel,

In some strange reasons I don't receive your answer - only answer on
answer...

>> Sounds to me like a DNS timeout issue. You might want to
>> check your resolver configuration.

We have own DNS server on same computer, and I check logs carefully. I
don't find any reason to suspect DNS. Moreover, I find following
records in POP3 logs:

badlogin: aaaaa.bbb.lan [192.168.cc.dd] plaintext eeeee SASL(-13):
authentication failure: checkpass failed

and I think that delays occur during this unsuccessfull logins

cyrus authorises users by MySQL database, and all works fine except
irregular delays...

>> I don't understand the sentence "This delays appears
>> accidentally, without any system.".

Sorry, english is not my native language...

I mean that delays during login occurs randomly, not regularly. After
many successfull logins (without noticeably delay) I may get delay
more than one minute (and successfull login after delay) or no login
at all.

--
Best regards,
 Igor                            mailto:belikoviv at is.ua