Advice wanted: 2.1.9 to 2.2.12 data migration

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 11:29:33 EDT 2006

Due to a complex chain of circumstances (including a
service-contract-voiding server room flood) I want to import my cyrus
mailstore onto a new server, from a tape backup.

The old server was running Cyrus 2.1.9, some equally old version of
berkeleyDB, Solaris 8, sendmail 8.13.7
The new server has (the Blastwave builds of) Cyrus 2.2.12, berkeleydb
4.2.52Solaris 10, and the same sendmail

Any advice, suggestions, etc? Would it be better to convert the old database
or just copy all the files onto the new machine, recursively create all the
accounts and mailboxes, and then reconstruct?  Any gotchas I should be aware
of?

Since this is a bit of an emergency, we can live with lost message status
and sieve quota information and such, but going forward I want the setup to
be stable.

Thanks for any clues/poitners/bonks