hardware recommendations for MURDER?

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:30:12 EDT 2006

So lt looks like we are migrating our University to a murder setup. We are
about 50,000+ users, with currently a number of mailstores (UWash) and
users directly addressing them.

We are looking towards adding new hardware for an MUPDATE box and some
frontends. Anyone have recommendations on these? Sparc/Solaris versus
X86/Linux? single-CPU versus duals? storage?

I poked around in the mailing lists, didn't find anything really current.
And we all know how our users email usage has gone up in the last couple
of years.

By the way the link from the main Cyrus web page to the mail archives
isn't right. E.g. http://asg.web.cmu.edu/bb/archive.info-cyrus