pam_mysql.so

Kamijo m at migoo.net
Tue Jul 18 13:42:31 EDT 2006

Nick Smith skrev:
 >> As far as I know there is no pam_mysql-package for SLES9. I have had
 >> the same problem and had to compile it by my self.
 >> If you find a package for SLES9 I'd love to know where it is :)
 >>
 >> //Kamijo
 >> ----
 > Actually i had to install from source, which worked out fine after i
 > installed the mysql-devel rpm.  I am now getting this error:
 >
 > Jul 18 12:48:14  PAM-warn[7955]: function=[pam_sm_authenticate]
 > service=[imap] terminal=[<unknown>] user=[nick.smith] ruser=[<unknown>]
 > rhost=[<unknown>]
 > Jul 18 12:48:14  saslauthd[7955]: DEBUG: auth_pam: pam_authenticate
 > failed: User not known to the underlying authentication module
 > Jul 18 12:48:14  saslauthd[7955]: do_auth         : auth failure:
 > [user=nick.smith] [service=imap] [realm=domain.net] [mech=pam]
 > [reason=PAM auth error]
 >
 > So it seems its not authenticating correctly i think, but i am unsure
 > how to proceed at this point, im sure the user/pass im using is correct.

There are a lot of things that might go wrong. What does the lines in
your /etc/pam.d/imap looks like? How have you set it up in your
/etc/imapd.conf?

There might be a crypt-problem. What do you use when you encrypt the
passwords in the database?

I couldn't get md5-crypt to work so I needed to use mysql
password-function instead.

//Kamijo