ACL and groups

Jaume Sabater jsabater at linuxsilo.net
Thu Jul 13 03:28:50 EDT 2006

Hello everyone. This is my first post in this list.

I am running Debian Sid with Cyrus IMAP 2.2.13. Previously I was using
Debian Sarge with Cyrus IMAP 2.1 and I was using UNIX groups to set up
ACL in the form of:

cyradm> sam user.customers group:reservations lrs

Time ago I was told that it had been planned to add better support for
groups in version 2.2, but I have not been able to find any information
about it.

I've also heard that Cyrus can deal with LDAP groups, but I am not using
LDAP. Is there any way to define groups without the need to use
/etc/group (UNIX groups) and use them? In my company we need to share
mailboxes among users and groups are a must for me as new people come
and old people leave continuously.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jaume Sabater