Cyrus - sieve - notify

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jul 10 18:44:20 EDT 2006

Am Mo, den 10.07.2006 schrieb Michael Luich um 20:51:

> Hello everyone,
> 	I've been trying for a while now to setup new mail notifications using
> sieve's notify.
>
> I've tested sieve in cyrus with a forwarding script.
>
> Now I've edited cyrus.conf to enable the notify daemon, and tested that as
> well using:
>
> notifytest -f "/var/lib/imap/socket/notify" -t "test" -n mailto
> mluich at globalcerts.net
>
> Which was successful.
>
> I've tried a number of revisions of the following script and nothing I've
> tried seems to work. I can see cyrus running sieve and the local delivery
> but no indication of the notification being tried.
>
> require
> ["fileinto","reject","vacation","imapflags","relational","regex","notify"];
> # send a reciept notification:
> if true {
>          notify :method "mailto" :options ["mluich at globalcerts.net"]
> :message "New FastandSecure Message";
> keep;
>   }
>

> Thanks everyone.
> Michael Luich
> mluich at globalcerts.net

man imapd.conf

       mailnotifier: <none>
            Notifyd(8) method to use for "MAIL" notifications.  If not
set, "MAIL" notifications are disabled.

Did you set that?

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Löhne, Germany | GPG http://pgp.mit.edu 0xB366A773
Serendipity 00:41:55 up 1 day, 1:47, load average: 0.71, 0.30, 0.16