[POLL] Cyrus 2.3.x and CONDSTORE

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 8 04:29:44 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 10:54:13AM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> The reason I ask is that I want to push out a 2.3.7 release ASAP which
> contains a number of important bugfixes, but I've realized that the
> replication protocol doesn't have any support for the metadata that is
> used by CONDSTORE.  I started fixing this but I'm wondering if these
> changes should be post 2.3.7.
>
> Would anyone freak out if 2.3.7 doesn't properly support CONDSTORE and
> replication?

I'm sure my opinion is already clear from other posts, but basically I
would take ask the question "does releasing 2.3.7 without CONDSTORE
support with replication be a regression"

The answer is no.  Replication has been totally broken from
2.3.4 -> 2.3.6, including for CONDSTORE.  Releasing 2.3.7 from the
current state of CVS would fix many of those issues while not causing
anything which currently works to break.

Version numbers are cheap, and there are no regressions.

(I'm pretty sure the other CVS changes are all simple and sane as well -
I reviewed them last week to make sure we wanted to switch from 2.3.6 ->
cvs and it looked fine for us)

Bron.