metapartition information request

Matt Bernstein mb--cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 04:14:35 EDT 2006

On Jun 30 Ken Murchison wrote:

> Matt Bernstein wrote:
>>
>> I would like to use different metapartitions for different metadata. In
>> particular, I'd like the squat indexes to be on their own volume--which
>> won't need to be backed up--and all the small cyrus files on (yet) another
>> volume.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Yes.  Look at the metapartition_files and metapartition_name options in
> imapd.conf(5)

I did look at those, and even tried to Google for examples, but my reading
of them is that you get to choose which of {header, index, cache, expunge,
squat} you want on your metapartition, but you can only have one shared
metapartition per partition. So I can't do what I want, ie put the squat
files on a different volume to the other files if I also want to use a
metapartition for them.

Am I missing something?