Murder without Kerberos?

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 14:32:59 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:43:50AM -0400, Patrick Radtke wrote:

> We use PLAIN to authenticate between all the machines in our murder.

That is very interesting. I found that I had to enable MD5 because
the backends (and mupdate?) would not accept lower-strength
authentication. PLAIN would be preferable for several reasons.

> What version of Cyrus are you using?

2.3.6

> do you have a
> sasl_mech_list:
> line in your imapd.conf?

That is commented out at the moment, to allow MD5. I started with
PLAIN and LOGIN only.

> Can you auth using imtest and DIGEST-MD5?

Yes

> Do you support other mechanisms for users?

I would like to support PLAIN, LOGIN, and DIGEST-MD5, but the latter
requires a plaintext password database so it will probably be judged
too risky.

Thanks

Andrew