Migrating Cyrus-IMAP to another machine

Fabio Corazza fabio at newbay.com
Thu Jul 6 05:53:50 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,
 simple question: is there a fancy method to migrate all the Cyrus IMAP
mailboxes and databases from a box to a new one?

I'm planning this because the current box is running out of resources
(very bad).

The old box runs cyrus-imapd-2.2.6-5 and db4-4.1.25-8.1 while new one
has cyrus-imapd-2.3.6-3 and db4-4.2.52-7.1.

Which are the best methods for this?

Just hot copying the folder /var/spool/imap from the old box to the new
one? And in case, how can I rebuild the databases in /var/lib/imap to
sync with the new copied mailboxes?

Those are my little guesses, I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

P.S.: I can have up to 1hr of downtime.

Thanks,
Fabio