Subfolders of INBOX with altnamepsace

Adrian Buciuman adibuciuman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:43:18 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Ken Murchison <murch at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Paul Fisher wrote:

> > I'm not aware of any existing patches that accomplish this sort of
> > behavior.  If we were to make these changes, would they be of use to
> > other sites, and would such a design change be considered for
> > acceptance upstream?
>
> If done properly, I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted.  I'd be
> interested in seeing what the mailspool directory structure wouldlook
> like.  I think this would be a non-trivial extension to Cyrus.

I've  created user.adi.inbox.test mailbox. This is seen by clients as
inbox.inbox.test

If I switch to altnamespace, and then give an imap list command, I can
see inbox.test

But it is not possible to select it.

What would happen if inbox mailbox is stored in user.adi but inbox
subfolders are stored in user.adi.inbox ?

Adrian