CRITICAL EMERGENCY: rebooted system and now cannot bring up Cyrus server at all

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Feb 28 20:54:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Rob Tanner wrote:

> I went back to check the logs so I could tell you exactly what came next, and
> I discovered that the imap daemons were now running. But it took 15 minutes
> for the first imap daemon to start up -- normally master starts up 5 right
> away. Not sure what to make of that, but at least the critical emergency is
> passed.

That's good to hear.  During startup, Cyrus does a checkpoint recovery of
all its databases (mailboxes, duplicate, tls_cache), which can take a
small amount of time.  15 minutes is obviously a long time and indicative
of some other issue I think.

Perhaps your duplicate delivery or tls_cache databases are not being
pruned as they should?

 	Andy