Setting seen while migrating?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Thu Feb 23 15:56:32 EST 2006

Craig White wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:16 -0600, John McMonagle wrote:
>

>>I'm new to cyrus and migrating from UW-IMAP.
>>
>>The procedures at
>>http://www.onid.orst.edu/docs/technical/cyrusmigration.shtml
>>look like they should do the job.
>>
>>I'm wondering if there is a way to save the seen state?
>>Should be easy to scan messages for "Status: RO" and then flag as seen.
>>Is there a way to set a message as seen?
>>
>>I only have about 150 accounts and 10gb of mail so can afford a little
>>less efficient method.
>>If one has to do this as the user need to be able to deal with
>>authorization.
>>

>----
>I've used the perl program called imapsync - worked nicely.
>
>Craig

Did a couple tests.
Looks like it can do it, but creates a new problem.
Need passwords for all users.
On the cyrus side can temporarily  set "sasl_pwcheck_method: allwaystrue".
Need some way to get into the uw-imap side.
The uw-imap side uses pam via ldap.
Thinking of a couple possibilities:
pam_rhosts_auth  allow from just from new server.
pam_userdb  and create a database for the project.
pam_permit  and restrict in hosts.allow or iptables.

Prefer something that allows doing some test runs with without
restricting user access.
Also that would help with the the speed problem as I could run it
overnight before the switch and then run again after stopping incoming
mail and user access.
Any thoughts?

John